Michelle Buckley

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, November 14, 2005

Cell Phone Bandit Update -- Who Was On the Dayum Fone?

Suspected Cell Phone Bandit caught November 12th robbing
another bank .... but this time without her lucky charm .... Photo courtesy of CBS

Talk about your multi-tasking.... we've all seen the video:
A pretty young girl in her twenties with long black hair robs a bank -- while all the time talking on her cellular. That's right...she held up 4 banks in Northern Virginia during the months of October and November without ever putting down her cell phone.

Can't you see the Cingular, Sprint and T-Mobile commercials now....? 'Your cell phone -- don't leave home (or rob banks) without it.'

Photo Courtesy of AP


I must admit, I love hearing about wacky crimes. Stupid criminals fixate me. Just like bad hair. Are you like me, are you wondering why did she NEVER wear a disguise? Ever heard of survellience cameras? And why did she have an adversion to saying, "Uhmmm...I'm in the middle of committing a federal offense, let me call you back"? And of course the most baffling question of all -- WHO THE HECK WAS ON THE OTHER END OF THE PHONE?

Was it a different person everytime? Was there no one there and she just picked the wrong moments to conjure up an imaginary friend? Was she being hypnotized? Was she under the control of a Svengali-like, money-grubbing, puppet master? Was she coordinating her getaway with some unknown partner in crime and using the phone as a prop to show she had backup?

Or was she talking to her man -- you know -- the one who was too lazy to help her out with her felonies but who was surely there with his hand out the minute she came home with her stolen loot. For all we know -- maybe it was her priest and she was calling in her confession ...

(Usher singing in the background: THESE ARE MY CONFESSIONS.....)

Every time the Cell Phone Bandit robbed a bank, she showed a teller a note demanding money. During the last robbery, she also showed the teller a gun. Now that she's been ALLEGEDLY caught, can't you just imagine her defense? If she's particularly creative (read: part sistah), she could say, the real thief threatened to kill her or her family if she didn't hold up these banks, and she was forced to keep the real robber on the phone so that they could track the robbery. Sounds like a bad tv movie! I'm sure Hollywood is already on it!

I wonder, was the tip that lead to her arrest made on a cell phone. (Hee!)

Okay -- so who do you think was on the Cell Phone Bandit's phone? And fess up -- how great a multi-tasker are you? What's the craziest thing you've done while talking on your cell? Felonies notwithstanding.

8 Comments:
Blogger Dr. Deb said...

I was just watching this report this morning on CNN. I thought it was so amazing that she was multitasking like that. I rarely use my cell phone. I think I used it five times this whole year. Only for emergencies. Even though I love tech stuff, I really really really dislike the phone, cell or landline!

~Deb

9:05 PM, November 14, 2005  
Blogger OptyMyst said...

i surmise that an "accomplice" in the guise of moral (hehe, MORAL) support was on the phone, or no one at all.

and crazy things on a cell phone, you ask? i haven't used a phone in 4 years ('cept to call mom and tornado daughter). can't stand the things. gonna use one in 2006. promise.

10:09 PM, November 14, 2005  
Blogger Brea said...

Unbelievable.

12:05 AM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger Michelle said...

Dr. Serani -- you hate phones? Does the good doctor have a phobia going?

Optymyst -- you hate phones too? If you haven't really felt the need to use a phone over the last 4 years, why start in 2006?

I thought I was the only one that hated cell phones! I will not let people I am with answer them or talk on them in my presence. Have been known to disconnect a call or two! (heh) Talking on a cell when in the presence of others is just darn rude. I once saw a group of four people together and instead of enjoying each other's company, they were all talking on cell phones. WTF? Heck, I just got one this year, against my will for safety reasons because I was going to do a lot of traveling. Cell phones will be the downfall of personal human interaction. Mark my words! Okay, climbing off my high horse!

Hi Brea -- love the hat! Some things just make you go hmmmm, don't they?

10:52 AM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hey E -- you're right she had it coming. At least slap on a wig as a disguise, maybe a moustache...
that's all I'm saying.

Yep folks act like they can't live without cell phones, but at one time they didn't exist and society managed to function okay! Cut the umbilical cord baby, cut the cord!

9:57 AM, November 16, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

The cops claim she calling her boyfriend accomplice. I don't think so. She was calling her agent, since she knew she was going to be famous.

Michelle, you should be getting a call from her people about ghost writing her story.

8:31 PM, November 19, 2005  
Blogger Rose said...

When I first saw that on the news my first thought: someone is holding her family hostage......then I was thinking she probably is plain dumb.....I still can't believe she did that....I love my phone but will not talk on it in stores or public places....

9:15 PM, November 20, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she was truly silly

9:47 AM, November 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home