Michelle Buckley

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Wishing You Growth in 2006

I spent a lot of time over the holiday weekend listening to Raheem DeVaughn's The Love Experience cd. I found myself drawn over and over again to one song in particular. The song below, Green Leaves is rich in emotional truths. If we all embrace these truths for the coming year, I have no doubt that we'll all realize that we're stronger and much better than we ever imagined. I know my plan for 2006 is to CLAIM MY BLESSINGS & KEEP GROWING. I wish the same for all of you ... HAPPY NEW YEAR!~

(BTW - if you don't have Raheem's cd, pick it up -- you won't be disappointed.)


Green Leaves Lyrics by Raheem DeVaughn

[Intro: spoken] Life is about evolving and growing...Elevating...Constant growth...Like green leaves...

[Verse 1]
Mama told me a wise man leads and never takes orders to follow
And what's done right here in the here and now, always affects tomorrow
It's like, cause and effect, simple mathematics like 1 plus 1 makes 2
See the bed that we make, that's where we got to lay
so be wise of the path we choose
And keep growing

[Chorus]
Keep growing, Keep growing, Keep growing, Keep growing
(Like) Like green leaves

[Verse 2]
To have it you got to see it, to talk it you got to be it
There's no ifs, no ands or buts
If you claim it you can attain it, what was made shall be
and that's the law of the universe
Shine a light, use insight and remember you're a precious gift
Take the good with the bad, the tears with the laughs and always be positive
And keep growing

[Chorus:]
Keep growing, Keep growing, Keep growing, Keep growing
Like green leaves (Keep growing like green leaves)
6 Comments:
Blogger Stacy-Deanne said...

Hi Mickey. Happy New Year's! About the album, if you like it then I bet it is good! I can recommend Lil' Mo's albums too. They blew me away. I had no idea she could sing so beautifully. I am glad I discovered her. At first I ignored her because she always rapped on everything but once I heard her sing I fell in love with her music. She has a beautiful voice. Sometimes it's the people we least expect to be good that blow us away. I am adding your blog to my blog links by the way. Course you have to scroll down because my profile is still sitting at the bottom, LOL! Been like that for weeks. It was nothing I did and I am tired of worrying about it. It can stay like that for all I care, LOL.

1:22 AM, January 02, 2006  
Blogger Rain said...

Claim your blessings, I really like that concept. I want to hear that cd, seems like something I would really like. Keep growing, I will sincerely try. Best to you in 2006.

7:32 PM, January 02, 2006  
Blogger Rose said...

Hi Michelle,
Happy New Year! I finished reading your book. It was very good. I enjoyed all the twists and turns and was very disappointed in Wynn but knew that was going to happened. Though I really wanted Lacy and you know who to get....(don't want to spoil anything for others) all in all I enjoyed this book and give you high props for great plot and character dvelopment. Great Job!

9:08 PM, January 02, 2006  
Blogger princessdominique said...

Just dropping by to say Happy New Year!

8:56 PM, January 03, 2006  
Blogger Brea said...

Happy New Year to you!!

2:42 PM, January 12, 2006  
Blogger Michelle said...

Sunny D -- I'll have to catch Lil Mo's new joint. I see you got your profile stuff all worked out on your site. When will you know about your award?

Rain -- backatcha as far as having all the best in 2006. I love your name by the way. Rain -- it's so cleansing and pure...just like you right? ;-)

Rose -- glad you enjoyed the book. Wynn, Lacy and the rest of the crew are just like all of us --trying to figure out life the best that they can.

Princess -- thanks for stopping by.
Hope your New Year is off to a good start.

E -- told you, you wouldn't be disappointed in Raheem. There is not a bad cut on the cd.

Brea -- Hey girl, thanks for stopping in, pretty.

Lady In Satin -- You'd marry the cd? LOL. You are too funny. There is nothing more frustrating than buying a cd and only liking 1 or 2 songs. But like you mentioned, heck almost everyone of his songs is my favorite. I think he had a previous cd before this one. I haven't checked it out though, but I need to soon.

1:38 PM, January 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home