Michelle Buckley

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Goodbye ReggieT.


I recently learned a young friend has died at the age of 34 in a tragic car accident while on the OTHER SIDE OF THE POND. I'm deeply saddened by and I'm struggling with the news. It can't be. ReggieT. or Brotha Green Eyes as he was known was so vibrant, young, fun, mischevious and full of life. At least that's how he came across online.

You see, in my mind and heart ReggieT. and I were friends even though I really didn't know him. He was an online personality that I never even met in the physical sense -- I knew him only through blogging, emails and online chats. Although it's funny -- while we never met, he probably doesn't even realize that in the brief few months we knew each other, he provided me with more comfort, laughter and joy than he'll ever know.

Despite the masks he wore, I suspect Reggie was more gentle and sensitive than he ever let on to the rest of the world. He loved his mother and younger brothers with his whole heart, he looked up to and respected his boss and he cared for and watched out for his co-workers and friends.

Life is truly short and we never know when God is going to call us home, so until the call comes -- we should live life to the fullest -- that's a philosophy ReggieT. seemed to wholeheartedly embrace -- ENJOY LIFE! And as difficult as the news of his death is, at least I find comfort in the fact that ReggieT. ENJOYED LIFE and left this Earth doing what he absoulutely loved --traveling and practing THE LAW!

In HIS OWN WORDS, he was 'str8up-no game' and nothing could speak more clearly of who he was than his own online post of June 27th. Today, I began and will end the day with a prayer in honor of you, ReggieT. May you rest in peace...I know you're truly headed to a better place...your spirit will live on forever in my heart and many others! GOD BLESS....

Begin and end with a prayer

It's another day in Manchester, UK but one I truly welcome. Who can complain when you have a great job doing what you like, Law. A great boss and a team of peers to work with. You get to travel to foreign worlds, meet a diverse group of people from all walks of life, and the money is spendable where ever you go. I'm truly thankful for this opportunity of a lifetime working with my own and for the opposite of those who oppose us by the color of our skin right there in our own homeland, yes I'm talking about the US of A. But when you come overseas, you're treated with the utmost respect by man and woman. Oh I'm a bit sentimental this afternoon, you know why? We started the day off with a prayer. Now, how many people you know pray out loud on the job? We did this morning. Thanks to my boss, I'm sure you all know of him by now and Ms. Carolynn our team secretary who lead us in our morning prayer. Its amazing how prayer can change your mood and make you feel good once you let it all go. I've never been a praying man around others but as I was told this morning, there's no shame in what God can do. Before our day ends, another prayer to carry us through the night.I love this job for I am truly blessed.
10 Comments:
Blogger Xave said...

Sincere condolenses

7:33 AM, July 31, 2006  
Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks X -- it was truly sad news!~

10:18 AM, July 31, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sarrow to hear about the death of your online friend. 35 is a young age to lose ones life. that is a beautyful song that you have playing here

2:22 PM, July 31, 2006  
Blogger Michelle said...

thanks DEP for your words. this loss has really got me to thinking about my own immortality and my purpose in life. the thing that I am most profoundly struck by is how life continues to go on... death truly is a part of the circle of life...and there is something both sad and beautiful in that fact. RE the song: i heard it for the first time in years last fall and it has stayed with me in my heart -- ever since. it's a reminder that when it comes to life you truly have to be ready whenever, wherever you are for whatever. be blessed DEP and come back often to visit. Your poetry is awesome and I'll be stopping by your spot more.

7:12 PM, July 31, 2006  
Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

God be with you and your friend's family. I can imagine feeling a lost for someone that I have never met in person. I can't imagine hearing about something like this with one of my online friends, but it is part of life. Again, be blessed.

8:08 AM, August 01, 2006  
Blogger Michelle said...

TKU SB for the kind words. God as always is in the midst. I know what you mean about online friends. Isn't it amazing how people you've never met can really touch and impact your life?

10:14 AM, August 01, 2006  
Blogger ~^^~L*C~^^~ said...

Condolences Michelle - I just lost a classmate from h.s. as well, and i cried half the day and then had another realization that life's just too short and to live every day to the fullest.

this also reminds me how truly amazing the bond that we create online can be - i look forward to my online conversations as well, and there is truly a connection.

And, thanx for coming by my blog!

11:18 PM, August 03, 2006  
Blogger Rose said...

Sorry to hear about your friend! Prayers are so needed and so helpful. I said a prayer for you and Reggie and his family.

1:33 AM, August 07, 2006  
Blogger Dr. Deb said...

O andth, how sad....

5:36 PM, August 07, 2006  
Blogger Michelle said...

@ elsie -- thanks for the condolences, sorry about your friend as well.

@ rose -- thank you for praying for the family. prayer is a powerful thing...

@ dr. deb -- it's truly tragic and sad. i learned not long ago that another person that was in the car just died after surviving a week in the hospital.

@ tbou -- you are so right! his memory will live on and on in family and friends!

3:10 PM, August 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home