Michelle Buckley

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Author Inspiration...Patricia Wood

For every writer -- our journeys are as unique as we ourselves are and I just had to share the following blog with you from newly-minted author, Patricia Wood. On her blog, she documents (simply) every step of her writing/promotional process.

The site is: http://pkwood.blogspot.com/
Look at January 3, 4, 5, 7 and December 6, 10 entries in particular.

Pat's Book Cover & Book Blurb

Patricia is a diver/professional horsewoman/former teacher and she lives in Hawaii. She just got picked up in December by Putnam. Her first book, Lottery, will be published in August 2007. It's the story of a man with mental challenges who wins $12 million and discovers both his true friends as well as the deep reserve of his own abilities. (Doesn't this sound like a great movie idea?)

Patricia's journey is interesting, inspirational and very informative. She was nearing 50 years old when she decided to seriously start pursuing her dream of being a published author. It's been exciting to see her start out as a hopeful, wanna-be writer and see her success take off so suddenly. Her excitement and joy felt through the screen of her blog is contagious!

Patricia's story just goes to show that you can never dream too big and it reminds me of Oprah Winfrey's quote: "I live inside God's dream for me. I don't try to tell God what I'm supposed to do. God can dream a bigger dream for you than you can dream for yourself." Also her story reminds me that it's never too late (or too early) to pursue your dreams -- for they can indeed come true!

So start dreaming .... (AND EXECUTING -- the most important part of any dream :-)

A sample passage from Patricia's blog:

So far my book will be translated into Italian, Dutch and Hebrew.
That is just a start.
Each day brings something new I must learn.
There is more to this business than merely writing a book,
although that is the catalyst.
The strange thing is?
I am getting used to it.
Slowly but surely I am getting used to it.





ROCK ON PATRICIA -- WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST --
SEE YOU IN BOOKSTORES IN AUGUST!!!!
8 Comments:
Blogger ORION said...

Wow I am simply overwhelmed.
You are so kind!
I truly hope I can be helpful to new writers and answer questions about the process.
I have a smile on my face and joy in my heart after reading your blog.
Mahalo (thank you)
Patricia Wood on SV ORION

1:38 AM, January 10, 2007  
Blogger Michelle said...

I was happy to post about you. For anyone who has ever thought "it's too late" your success is an indication that it's never too late.

Keep up the good work! Sounds like you have a potential bestseller on your hands! :-)

11:01 AM, January 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Orion! What an inspiration for many aspiring writers.

11:54 AM, January 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patricia has a very inspiring story and this was a very inspirational post! The book sounds like a winner for sure. Thanks!

5:53 PM, January 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pat's a good friend, and I know LOTTERY is going to be big. My debut sold in 7 countries, but didn't sell for huge money like hers did in the US and UK. Great blog entry!

10:51 AM, January 11, 2007  
Blogger Rose said...

Wow what story! What a testimony....God can dream bigger than I. It's wonderful to know that when I am dreaming of what I want to do, he has already planned it. Thanks for sharing this writer. The book does sounds like it is going to be a movie...

11:35 PM, January 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post and what an inspiration. Congratulations, Patricia! You go gurl!!!

PS,
I had to change my blog url by creating a new blog. For some reason Blogspot wouldn't allow me access to Phases of Writing. (crying)

3:41 PM, January 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a poet, and an avid reader, I have to say that I very much enjoyed my leisurely stroll through your blog...it was time well spent; entertaining and enlightening. I invite you to visit my own, should you care to.

12:17 AM, January 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home