Michelle Buckley

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, February 05, 2007

A Book Tag

The lovely author, Gwyneth Bolton tagged me with this book tag about a week ago and I'm finally getting around to it. I tag anyone who wants to participate!

Here are the rules:

1. Grab the book closest to you.
2. Open to page 123, look down to the 5th sentence.
3. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog.
4. Include the title and the author's name.
5. Tag 3 people




The Tribe by Gregory Townes.
Star's voice echoed in my mind, pounding away at my resolve, eating away at my sanity. What man could stand to hear his child crying like this? What father could ignore his daughter's pleas for help?







I've been trying to read this book since summer 2006, and it looks like this week I will finally get to start reading it. I've heard a lot of good things about this novel, which comes higly recommended by die hard sci-fi and mystery readers. Below is the back of the book blurb.

The Dead Know What The Living Are Doing.
A 19th Century slave trader brought back more than just slaves on one voyage. He brought back the Curse of the Silver Eyes. A powerful tribe of shunned blacks, each born with silver eyes, the symbol of infinity as a birthmark, and blessed with incredible gifts, were captured by a slave trader and dispersed around the world. The tribe cursed those who stole them -- and the neighboring tribes that aided in their capture. Today, there is a group that wants to make that curse come true. And they've kidnapped a very special little girl named Star to do it...
9 Comments:
Blogger Gwyneth Bolton said...

WOW! Looks like I have another book to add to my to-be-read pile. This looks like it will be a great read--a great mix of paranormal, history, thriller--wow. Okay, I need to get this. I'm hooked on just what you've quoted here.

Thanks for being doing this. And remember, you don't have to feel obligated to tag me later. :-)

12:23 PM, February 06, 2007  
Blogger Cherlyn Michaels said...

I want to check this book out when I get a chance to get back to reading again. I had been hearing about it for a long time.

9:34 AM, February 08, 2007  
Blogger Rose said...

Yep I've heard much about that book, unfortunately I am not into that genre.

1:15 AM, February 11, 2007  
Blogger Michelle said...

Gwyn -- the history genre is what snagged me. I'll let you know what I think when I'm done.

Cherlyn -- I know you've been busy writing and promoting. When you get a moment to breathe, check it out. :-)

Rose, this is a little out of the normal genres for me too...but I'm gonna take a chance and step out of my comfort zone with this one.

11:36 AM, February 12, 2007  
Blogger whoever said...

Ohhh I heard that book was good. I'm too chicken to read it. Just look at those eyes, how haunting.

1:29 PM, February 13, 2007  
Blogger Dr. Deb said...

Wow, The Tribe sounds like a good read.

7:37 PM, February 23, 2007  
Blogger Believer said...

It’s my first time here! I posted the tag on my blog Voice on Miscellaneous Matters and gave you a shout as well. http://ruhoffman.blogspot.com/

I’m with Nevah those eyes are a bit too devilish for me.

10:55 AM, February 24, 2007  
Blogger crzytxbull said...

You been tagged.... again.

5:13 PM, March 01, 2007  
Blogger Michelle said...

Laffing @ Nevah.

Dr. Serani -- I'm really looking forward to it.

Rosemarie -- thanks for visiting. Please come back. You'll have to, cuz I'm tagging you.

TX -- I saw your tag! Working on it!

10:42 AM, March 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home