Michelle Buckley

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, August 16, 2007

EJD in USA TODAY

It seems several people are reading Eric Jerome Dickey's latest tome, WAKING WITH ENEMIES ... here's a bit of insight into this best-selling author courtesy of USA TODAY.


Private guy: Readers don't know if Dickey's love life rivals that of his characters because "I keep my personal life personal," Dickey says.
(Photo: Curtis Wilson Photography)

5 questions for Eric Jerome Dickey
By Deirdre Donahue, USA TODAY


Best-selling writer Eric Jerome Dickey specializes in action. Action in the bedroom. Action with a gun. USA TODAY spoke with Dickey, 46, about his new novel, Waking With Enemies (Dutton, $24.95), a sequel that stars a hit man named Gideon. He's on the run in Europe — with plenty of sexy women after him.

1: You've written 14 hit novels. What's your secret? Conflict. If you don't have conflict, you don't turn the pages. My characters are troubled souls with a lot of inner struggle and outer struggle.


2: Your earlier books Sister, Sister and Milk in My Coffee were more relationship-oriented. Are you getting more gritty? I don't read just one genre, and I don't want to have to write just one genre. I used to write gritty short stories before I was first published.

3: What writers do you like? I just bought these books: The Stolen Heart by Joyce Carol Oates (writing as Lauren Kelly); Henry Miller's Tropic of Cancer and Quiet Days in Clichy; William Henry Lewis' I Got Somebody in Staunton; Sarahbeth Purcell's Love Is the Drug; and Kathryn Harrison's Envy.

4: Do friends or family ever say your books shock them? They might have thought that, but no one has said it to me. It's like picking up Playboy and complaining about the centerfold.

5: Would your readers be disappointed if you didn't have the incredible love life of your characters? How would they know? I keep my personal life personal.

~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~

Congrats to Eric for successfully branching out into other genres! My fav EJD books are Between Lovers and The Other Woman, but I will be checking out his latest because I've heard good things about it. How about you? Are you reading Waking With Enemies? Please feel free to share your reviews...
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home