Michelle Buckley

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Sweet Like Candy


If you haven't been watching AMERICA'S GOT TALENT -- you're missing a real treat! There is a young lady on there known as BUTTERSCOTCH and she is hands down gonna take the competition and win the $1 mill prize!

She has a classical jazz singing style, she can play the piano like it ain't no joke and she combines all that with a beat-boxing twist. She looks and sounds like Alicia Keys and beat-boxes like Timbaland. (And did I mention she appears to be doing it all at the same time -- WTH? How she do that? Hee...)

The girl is B-A-D and I'll be first in line to buy any album she puts out. GOOD LUCK TO YOU BUTTERSCOTCH...keep doing your thang, sweetie!

For those of you that have been sleeping...there's a taste above of Butterscotch channeling Lena Horne while performing Summertime. Also, here's a link to her performance last night of My Funny Valentine (one of my all-time fav jazz songs.)

Enjoy -- and get your vote on for Butterscotch every Tuesday night!
2 Comments:
Blogger Gwyneth Bolton said...

Aww... I only watched the first couple of episodes of this show a few weeks ago. So I totally must have missed her. Most of the talent we saw when we watched it wasn't nearly as interesting as her. She is talented. I don't know about doing them both at the same time though. I think she lessens the impact when she does them at the same time. I felt like I couldn't really hear and understand her singing... But maybe it was just this performance. At any rate, she's beautiful and I hope she wins... I might have to start watching...

Gwyneth

10:42 AM, August 09, 2007  
Blogger Michelle said...

Gwyneth -- I'm with you -- to be honest -- I think if she just sang and played the piano -- the girl would still be BAD!

3:21 PM, August 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home