Michelle Buckley

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Transformation



Life is good! God is gangsta! It's amazing how in life we're blessed with opportunities to transform and morph something from one form into another. Whether its a relationship, ourselves, a job, career, or work of art we've breathed life into -- some opportunities for transformation fall unexpectedly into our laps. The transformation may take place before we've even realized it or thought about it.

For example, like when you've been in a relationship and in love for years and your relationship takes a wonderful new turn. Or when you first fall in love. When you first meet someone who becomes a friend and before you know it -- so much more. They become extremely important to you; forever entrenched in your mind, body and soul -- making that indelible mark that only someone who has your heart can make. It can happen so naturally and smoothly without any effort on your part. With other things we may have to put considerable effort into building, reshaping, remolding -- transforming.

In recent days, I've been blessed with several opportunities for transformation. Of those I feel the world is privy to...I recently received my typeset manuscript for the small paperback version of my second novel Trippin' which is scheduled for release in the spring of 2008. Trippin' was a fun story for me to write as far as subject matter but it was the first time I had to write a novel under a deadline! For someone that is used to writing when the muse strikes -- writing under deadline pressure is truly a challenge. While I'm very proud of Trippin' there are some small things I would have done differently -- "if only I had more time!"

Well now I have more time -- and I'm faced with the question: do I want to change and transform some small details? I often talk to writers after they've finished a novel and they talk about how they would do this differently and do that differently. For others, when they are done -- they are done. PERIOD! Just because I can change some things in my novel -- should I? Or should I keep the story in it's original form and stay true to its original vision? Either way, the few changes I'm considering aren't drastic but they would undoubtedly make the book appeal to a larger reading audience -- which for an author is always a good thing.

However you look at it, in the end ... whatever small transformations my story takes -- it's welcome. As in life, the positive transformation will be a blessing and should be looked upon, considered and treated as such. Since we as humans are consistently moving -- change and transition are the TRUE CONSTANTS in our lives. At the heart of all real growth, there is internal transition -- AND CHANGE. There is power in change and transformation and as I look forward to moving into the new year, I'll continue to embrace change and keep my eyes open for positive opportunities of transformation in both my personal and professional lives. Because at the end of the day -- my positive evolution and transformation should in turn have a positive affect in my immediate world, including those I love and the larger world around me.

To put it in the words of author, Marianne Williamson -- "Personal transformation can and does have global effects. As we go, so goes the world, for the world is us. The revolution that will save the world is ultimately a personal one."

Amen, sis!

To inspire changes and transformation within, see the words below to Heather Headley's beautiful gospel song, CHANGE.

Grace, Peace & Blessings....


From Album - IN MY MIND
Change Lyrics by Heather Headley


[Verse 1:]
I tried so many times but nothing happened,
It seemed the task at hand was much too great for me.
I spent my yesterdays wondering if tomorrow would be the same.
I underestimated Your grace.
But you loved me in spite of my ways
And changed me.

[Chorus:]
Change
That's the word that comes to mind
When I think of all you've done for me.
Oh, oh, change
It's kinda strange how people say that I act so differently
Oh, oh change
Every passing day I find it easier to say...
"What a wonderful change in me."

[Verse 2:]
Now I find myself staring in the mirror
Taking inventory of the things I see.
I never realized that there was so much missing deep inside
Until you took control of my life.
Like an eagle now I can fly
Cause you changed me.

[Chorus:]
Change
That's the word that comes to mind
When I think of all you've done for me.
Oh, oh, change
It's kinda strange how people say that I act so differently
Oh, oh change
Every passing day I find it easier to say...
"What a wonderful change in me."

[Bridge:]
And everyday I pray that you'll open my eyes to see things your way
Cause I wanna love like you,
Walk like you,
Live like you.
Whatever you have to do
Even if you change me Lord.

[Chorus:]
Change
That's the word that comes to mind
When I think of all you've done for me.
Oh, oh, change
It's kinda strange how people say that I act so differently
Oh, oh change
Every passing day I find it easier to say...
"What a wonderful change in me."
4 Comments:
Blogger Gwyneth Bolton said...

Congrats on the producer's interest in the script based on your book. That's very exciting! Keep us posted! :-)

Gwyneth

9:07 PM, December 04, 2007  
Blogger Michelle said...

I've been down this road before with a contemporary Shakespeare script I wrote -- and it didn't get beyond "we'd like to see the script." LOL. I won't get too excited until I hear the words --"time to sign on the dotted line."

9:10 PM, December 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, this might be the one!!!! congrats and good luck!!!

1:02 PM, December 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for stopping by.......... its worse than crack!!!

1:38 AM, December 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home